Testing flavor can exist stressful for studentsand their teachers! We asked teachers for their favorite positive, motivational, stress-reducing, difficult-work-encouraging and just plainly fun read-alouds for those bubble-exam kinds of days. Here are xiv favorites.

1 - Awesome Book
1. An Awesome Volume! by Dallas Clayton

"This is just a really fun and colorful book well-nigh dreaming large for your life. Every, year I read it with my students and do our own drawings and words nigh what nosotros wish for in life. It helps become us motivated."

2 - Sally Jean
two. Sally Jean, the Cycle Queen by Cari All-time

"I love reading Sally Jean to my students. Sally is joyous and adventurous, but more that that, she's a trouble solver. When she can't afford a new bicycle, she earns money educational activity bicycle repair to buy parts and build a new one! We talk almost self-confidence and creative trouble-solving as a course."

3 - Worried
3. Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes

"Ane book I read every year is Wemberly Worried. Wemberly worries near absolutely everything and learns to let go a piffling. It'south perfect for my students who get nervous about taking standardized tests. I attempt to de-emphasize them as much equally I tin can."

4 - Last to Finish
4. Last to Finish: A Story Nearly the Smartest Boy in Math Class past Barbara Esham

"I really recommend this book. It's a nifty introduction to classroom conversations about how everyone learns differently. It as well gets at test anxiety in a calorie-free and fun mode. Information technology's from a series called The Adventures of Everyday Geniuses. Every teacher should have it!"

5 - Wilma Unlimited
5. Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman by Kathleen Krull

"My 2d graders loved learning about Wilma Rudolph and all she had to overcome to become a world-grade athlete. She became a touchstone for talking about putting out your best effort and doing your best piece of work for my grade."

6 - Zero
six. Zippo by Kathryn Otoshi

"This is a great read-aloud for talking nigh cocky-esteem. Poor Zero has a whole in the center and doesn't feel she has value similar the other numbers. My first graders totally got the message about being positive about themselves. I also love her book One."

7 - Oops
7. Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg

"This is an awesome book to use with kids who are perfectionists. Information technology tin can help teach that mistakes are no big deal and tin can even be beautiful with a piffling imagination."

8 - Never Made Mistakes
8. The Daughter Who Never Made Mistakes by Gary Rubinstein

"This is 1 of my favorites during testing season—just in case things don't become exactly as planned. An important read for all children, specially those who put a lot of pressure on themselves to be perfect in all things! It'due south how you handle missteps that's important!"

9 - Perfect Square
nine. Perfect Square by Michael Hall

"As a school counselor, I honey to expect at a new book and find the secret little biblio-therapy bulletin in it. Perfect Square is AWESOME with its letters of optimism and self-esteem. If something gets you down, you can turn it around. You can brand lemonade out of lemons! This really feels like an empowerment story."

10 - Magnificient
10.
The Most Magnificent Matter by Ashley Spires

"This is precisely the kind of book that I dearest reading to my fourth graders. Information technology is the anti-perfection picture book! The 1 that dares to advise that perhaps a little trial and fault is necessary when trying to get something right."

11 - Oomph
eleven. A Lilliputian Bit of Oomph! past Barney Saltzberg

"This is ane of those books that inspires you for its beauty, sugariness and the feeling that you can try anything. It teaches children (and adults) to open their minds to possibilities. My third graders adore it!"

12 - You Be You
12. You lot Be You by Linda Kranz

"I purchased this book to read to my beginning and second graders equally role of our new social-emotional learning standards. Nosotros just love this book! It is so upbeat and positive and just obviously wonderful. The bulletin of cocky-worth and valuing uniqueness in individuals is powerful. This is a fantastic book to read to your kids over and over."

13 - Testing
xiii. Testing Miss Malarkey by Judy Finchler

"This is a wonderful, fun story to ease kids' minds about large tests. I was introduced to information technology by our school counselor, who reads information technology to students to ease test feet. I read information technology to my 5th graders every year, and they love it."

14 - Society
14. The Anti-Test Feet Social club by Julia Cook

"Perfect for my third graders who are nervous nigh taking state tests for the start time … I used this volume for a read-aloud during my 2nd test prep lesson, which was focused on stress/anxiety reduction."

14-Read Alouds